Occupational Activities Center
- Promote life quality levels in its different dimensions (interpersonal relationships; auto-determinations; emotional well-being), both mental and physical; employability/occupational; citizenship and rights), implemented in the individual planning of each answer client.
- Foment the recovery of people with handicap(s) and/or disabilitie(s), that is, making that they find a life purpose on CAO's answer, a "reason to wake up in the morning" (life purpose), despite their "symptoms" of being handicapped and/or disabled through the empowerment of the own people and/or meaningful.
- Promote strategies of self-esteem reinforcement, appreciation and personal and social autonomy, ensuring the necessary stability conditions to reinforce their autonomy, which coadunates with CERCIPOM's mission.
- Foment access opportunities to vocational training and employment for the people integrated in CAO's social answer, but mainly support the social integration through socially useful activities - A.S.U., inside and outside of the insitution and in companies from both the public and private sector, under the administrative rule nº 432/2006 of 3 of May.
- Highlight the linkage with the customer's family/meaningful and with the broader community, favouring a systemic perspective, optimizing handicapped/disabled people participation levels.
- "Being" a facilitation agent of an inclusive society, promoting the participation in activities and diverse social environments.
People of 16 years of age or older, with handicaps and/or disabilities.
The objectives are contained in the services/fields of intervention/activities provided by/in the social answer. Those are:
Strictly Ocuppational Activities:
- Figurative Arts;
- Bar (with room delivery service);
- Hairdressing and Beauty Services;
- Pastries and savouries production;
- Lid selection for outside companies to recycle;
Socially Useful Activities:
Administrative rule n.º 432/2006 of 3 of May. Fields:
- Support to handicapped people;
Personal and Social Development Activities:
- Group of self-representation (interinstitutional meetings and gatherings);
- Personal Hygiene;
- Group workflow "feelings" (in the Snoezelen room);
- Group dynamic “Care of your body”;
- Folklore ranch and folk parades;
- Integrated reward system;
- Social Service;
- Occupational therapy/ daily life activities.
- Sensory stimulation in room environment;
- Adapted motor activity;
- Sportive encounters;
- Snoezelen (sensory stimulation and/or relaxation);
- Occupational therapy;
- Special education and rehabilitation/Psicomotricity.
- "Normal" and “past” meals (adapted to big addicts)
- Medical/nutritionist prescribed diets.
- Therapeutical administration with medical prescription and escort to consultations and/or treatments whenever justified.
- Technical Manager/Social Service Technician
- CAO Monitors
- Social Service Technician
- Rehabilitation Senior Technician
- Occupational Therapist